Thursday, January 12, 2012

Excerpt from Timewalker novella

Sorry for not getting the excerpt up yesterday, the day sort of ran away from me. Here is an excerpt from the novella that will be released in between books 1 and 2. It's not from the very beginning, but close to it.


William bolted upright in bed, sweat pouring down his face. he’d been dreaming about patrick again. It was the same dream he always had, Patrick was calling to him from inside of the tomb, but he couldn’t find where it was. He got up and walked over to the window, threw back the curtains, and opened the window as wide as it would go. He stood breathing in the cold evening air for a few minutes before returning to bed. He tried to go back to sleep, but after fifteen minutes he got up and got dressed. He felt restless, there was a feeling in his head that he couldn’t get rid of. He slipped out of the back door silently so he wouldn’t wake any of the servants. He wandered aimlessly along the dark streets, until he found himself in front of sabine’s house. He hadn’t really meant to come, but he found himself there none the less. He stood in front of the gates looking in at her windows, a movement off to the left caught his eye. He turned towards it and found Sabine standing in front of the gate. she smiled, and there was something unreadable in her eyes that william found intriguing.“I’m glad you’ve come my darling, I’ve been waiting for you.” “Did you call for me?” “Oui mon cherie, I have been longing to see you. come, let us go inside.” She whirled around, her white gown flying behind her and led him through the gates into the house. He was surprised to see all of the lamps were still lit at this hour. She led him through the house to her sitting room. She gestured him to sit on the couch and rang a small silver bell before sitting next to him. A few minutes later the butler he had met before entered the room. “Oui madame?” “ We desire some wine Henri, if you would be so kind to retrieve it for us.” He bowed and backed out of the room to fetch it. “Do you make a habit of calling to men you barely know in the middle of the night?” he asked her. She smiled and narrowed her eyes seductively. “Only those I find intriguing. Do you make a habit of going into ladies homes in the middle of the night?” It was his turn to smile. “Well, i suppose only those who call for me.” Sabine leaned back in her seat studying him. Finally she spoke. “I have been searching for a suitable companion for hundreds of years William. Do you know how lonely one can get in that amount of time? Always surrounded by people, but never really understood, or loved. I wish for you to be my companion and reside in my house. I can introduce you to many more like us, and you can ask the questions you so long to ask. You will be under my protection, so no harm will come to you. You will find that our people are not a kind group as a whole, but I know that you desire answers, and someone may have them. What do you say cherie? will you join me?” He thought for a time before responding. “Will you give me some time to consider your offer?” “Oui mon petite-amis, I will give you some time, but do not keep me waiting long.” They both stood up and she kissed him passionately, running her hands along the muscles of his back. She deepened the kiss, and his hands moved up to circle her waist, pulling her closer to him. When she pulled away, he stood in stunned silence feeling a bit breathless. “I thought that might sweeten the deal non?” With a swish of skirts she whirled around and was gone. Henri returned a moment later with the wine to find that his mistress had gone already. A flicker of fear crossed his face, but he masked it quickly. “Can i show you out monsieur? William nodded and let him lead the way back through the house to the door. He found himself at the gates a few moments later and took one last look at the house. Shaking his head, he began the long walk home.

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read the rest..but is this a flash back, because I thought Sabine...I don't wanna say b/c of other readers lol!
    You know how I am with time travel!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol Ang, I do know how you are with time travel. This is set in the past, it's dealing with William and Sabine's relationship.

    ReplyDelete