Friday, September 23, 2011

Marked

Marked will always be a special book for me, it will always be my first. I felt such a sense of accomplishment typing out the story and bringing Jilly and William to life. William is modeled after my husband, although I will say that it wasn't my intention to make him that way. The more I wrote, and the further into the story I got, the more like my husband he became. I wanted Jilly to be instantly likable, and for people to just fall in love with her the way I did.

For all of you out there who have wanted to write a book, my advice to you is just do it. If you don't believe in yourself, you'll never get far in life. I was lucky to have an entire army of people behind me cheering me on, they all made this such an amazing process. The writing process was a lot easier then I originally had thought it would be. To write the book, it took me a little over 2 weeks, it was the editing that took the most time, and I had a lot of help with that from my amazing mother in law Cathy.

I'm in the process of writing the second book in the series, and I should hopefully have it done in the next month. I'm also thinking of having a novella concentrating on William's past. I hope everyone enjoys reading Marked as much as I enjoyed writing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment