Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Wow, can you believe it??

I was actually productive yesterday and wrote a little over 900 words in Chasing the Witch. I know, I know, I almost couldn't believe it either. A lot of times I'm way too ADD to actually sit down at my computer and write for an extended period of time. But, I guess I was feeling creative :) I think my chat with Belinda yesterday really played a big part in me feeling like that. Sometimes you just need the encouragement of someone not in your family to really get you motivated to write.
I'm really dangerously close to finishing the book. I have a very clear idea of where it's ending, and where the next book will pick up. I'm so excited. In Mark of the Witch news, I'm hoping to get the feedback from my crit partners back within the week so I can begin making changes before I send it off to my editor. Still really happy with how it turned out, and I can't wait for everyone to read it. As soon as I get it back from the editor, I'll run a contest to get an ARC copy of it. Actually, I'll probably run a few contests, one here, and one most likely on Goodreads.
Here is a little taste of what I was working on last night :)


“Again, you don’t answer my question. You, are trying my patience today.” Patrick said as he took a step towards her. Her outwardly calm expression cracked a little and she shrank back against the wall. “I will take you to him” He shook his head, “just tell us where he is.” “No, either I go with you, or you’ll never find him.” Her courage was back, and she stuck out her chin. “Talk it over with them, I’ve heard all I need to hear.” Patrick said as he stalked out the door. Liam followed Patrick out and stopped him in the corridor. “Will you help me get my Maggie?” Patrick looked at him disdainfully, “why should I do a thing like that? Isn’t that what my white knight of a brother is for? Take it up with him. I only desire to find and destroy Valdus.” Liam grabbed his arm, but Patrick shook it off and continued walking.

Hope you enjoyed the little taste of Chasing the Witch :)

No comments:

Post a Comment