Monday, March 26, 2012

My love affair with all things Vampire

I've been trying to think back on how my love affair with all things Vampire got started. I think it was Interview with a Vampire that really started it off for me. I burned through as many of the books as I could, and then not so patiently waited for each new one to be released. I watched the movies, although I will say that the first one was far better than the second one.



Then, I think it was Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel that fueled the Vampire fire in me. They were both so fun, and they had hot Vampire boys in them, what's not to love? I think it also inspired my crush on David Boreanez lol




I'm so not ashamed to say that I've read and enjoyed the Twilight series. I've even watched all the movies, and I know I'll watch the last one when it comes out. I love them for what they are. Although, I've never been a fan of Kristin Stewert as Bella.


>

The Vampire Diaries came next, and I will say that I like these books and the show a lot better than Twilight. The character's are more developed, and the story lines are a bit deeper. Love the books, and the show is awesome, and different enough from the books to enjoy and be surprised.


Finally, the True Blood series, both books and tv. I loved the books before I ever saw the show, Eric was always my favorite, even in the books. The stories are always fun, and always keep me guessing


These are my favorites so far, I look forward to discovering more Vampire books and tv shows. If I forgot any, leave me a comment so I can be sure to check it out:)

6 comments:

  1. fantastic post! For me it was Lestat from Queen of the Damned

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always liked the Lestat that lived in my head better than the movie versions.

      Delete
  2. I fell in love with vampires too during Interview with a vampire.... *sighs* Brad Pitt!
    I am with you on TVD Damon in the books was soo bad but just as SEXY as TV Damon... And Eric I just heart him!!

    Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw an episode of the show before I read the books, so Damon was always Ian Somerhalder in my head when I read them :)

      Delete
    2. Great post! loved it. There's just something about them.
      We love the danger!

      Delete
  3. Amazing experience after visiting this site which is really full of information and someone have information for.And also you could buy some cosplay costumes from http://www.cosjj.com/ in high quality. news update for latest updates in urdu language this is best . Just have fun. mm romance books

    ReplyDelete