Monday, November 7, 2011

The first review of Marked is up, and lets just say it didn't make me feel warm and fuzzy. I know that not everyone will really enjoy the book as much as I do, but it wasn't what I was expecting. I have another review slated for the 23rd of this month, and I hate to say that I'm actually really nervous about it now. I wanted to be really excited about all of this, but its giving me anxiety. It's so hard to work up the courage to ask people to tell you what they think of your work. Marked is like my first child, I'll never have another first book just like I'll never have another first child. I've poured so much of myself into my writing, that it almost feels like asking someone to critique me, and not just my book. It's so easy to get discouraged, but I'm really trying to stay as positive as I can. I guess all I can do is hope for the best.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there, Jessica! I can't imagine how difficult it must be to release your work out there for others to critique, but as a reviewer I know how hard it is to be completely honest with a less-than-positive review. There's a fine line between reviewing the book and judging the author and I think it's important to be respectful even if I didn't particularly enjoy the read.

    Grow an iron hide and stick with it! I've only read the blurb and excerpt so far, but it looks like a promising start and I bet you'll get better reviews if you keep putting it out there. Just got to find your audience. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'm learning that not all criticism is bad. I want my books to be the best that they can be. My iron hide is growing, but not fast enough lol.

    ReplyDelete