Monday, November 21, 2011

New YA book

Here's a taste of what I've been working on. It's as yet untitled.

Some vampires are made, some are born, I am the latter. My parents were both vampires, so it was my lot in life to be one too. My name is Cali Ericson, I’m 16 years old, and I hate being a vampire. When people here vampire, they automatically think cool and put together. The image of Kate Bekinsale, or any of those vampire chicks from Twilight come to mind. I am so not that kind of vampire. First of all, I’m way too tall for my liking, and my black hair is always tangly, no matter what I do to it. I’ve got the whole pale skin thing going on too, but it doesn’t look good on me, I just look sick or something. My one redeeming feature in my opinion is my eyes, their big, but not too big, and the prettiest shade of lavender. They look just like my mom’s, it was the one good thing I got from her. My mom is impossibly beautiful, she is what you think of when you imagine a vampire. The pale skin totally works with her raven black hair, she’s tall like me, but not in a gangly way. Up until now, I’ve been in a private school for beings of a supernatural nature, but the economy took a crap, so now I get to go to public school. My mom says its just for a little while, until my dad can rebuild his financial empire or whatever. I contemplated running away, but that was too cliche even for me. So, I’m resigned to my fate, to waste away in public school like all of the mortal children. The only plus in this situation, is my best friend Greta Sorensen is going to be going with me, so at least I won’t be totally alone. Greta and I are total opposites, she’s short, with white blond hair, ice blue eyes, and tan skin. I’ve always envied her tan skin. She’s a shape shifter, she can turn into anything that’s alive, people, animals, bugs. I’ve known her my whole life, the supernatural community isn’t as big as you might think, our mom’s have been friends since before we were born. The first day of school is tomorrow, and I’m totally dreading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment